High Sheriff of Gloucestershire Grants Programme
The High Sheriff of Gloucestershire's grants programme supports initiatives working with young people to encourage them in to be involved in challenging activities that may deter them from anti-social behaviour, raise confidence and self-esteem, and provide learning and development opportunities.
deadlineFriday 20th May 2022
grant amountUp to £2,500
About the High Sheriff of Gloucestershire Grant Programme
The High Sheriff grant programme aims to encourage young people at risk of becoming involved with crime to be involved in challenging activities that build confidence, provide opportunities for growth and deter them from criminal and anti-social activities. This programme is also open to organisations in South Gloucestershire.
Who can apply?
This programme is for voluntary and community groups with charitable aims, registered charities or Community Interest Companies.
Applicants must be based and working in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire.
What can you apply for?
This grants programme aims to support activities for young people that will:
- Divert young people away from crime and/or anti-social behaviour
- Prevent and deter young people from crime and/or anti- social behaviour
- Help to raise the confidence and self-esteem of young people, particularly those at risk of becoming involved with criminal activities
- Provide informal learning and development opportunities
- Improve the health and wellbeing of young people
Applications must demonstrate how their proposed project will deliver one or more of the above.
Priority is given to groups that:
- Deliver a project/activity that reflects the concerns and priorities of the target beneficiaries and fits well with existing community activities/services
- Demonstrate they are well connected within the local community and their project involves working in partnership with local organisations and groups
- Have secured some level of match funding from their own fundraising activities (excluding any grants from other community foundation programmes)
How much do we award?
Grants of up to £2,500 are awarded through this funding programme. Due to increasing demand for funding, an organisation may only receive up to £2,500 worth of funding in any 12 month period.
There are three rounds of panel decisions during the year. The closing dates for applications during 2022 are:
Friday 7th January 2022 (decision in February)
Friday 20th May 2022 (decision in July)
Friday 9th September 2022 (decision in November)
Applications to be submitted by 12 noon
How to Apply
Please apply online using the link at the bottom right of the screen marked ‘Apply Now’
You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application.
As part of the online application process you will be asked to attach the following supporting documents:
- A constitution/governing document/set of rules, that sets out the purpose of your organisation and how it is managed.
- A copy of a bank statement or other evidence of a bank account in the name of your organisation. The bank account must have at least 2 signatories. Alternatively, if you belong to a small organisation that does not have a bank account another charitable organisation can look after the funds for you, but you must provide written authorisation from the organisation that will do this.
- A copy of your most recent annual accounts or financial records. If you do not have financial records that cover a full year then you will need to provide the records you currently have.
- A safeguarding policy if your organisation works directly with children or vulnerable adults.
Please ensure you satisfy all of the criteria and conditions outlined within the Grant Guidelines.
Do contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss your project/need prior to submitting an application.
The guidelines are available by clicking on the button below.