We are delighted that the Charles Russell Speechlys Foundation and the Charles Russell Speechlys Cheltenham Community Fund have recently set up a fund with the Gloucestershire Community Foundation.
The Charles Russell Speechlys Cheltenham Community Fund supports small charities and local community projects in and around the Gloucestershire area. It has a particular focus on (i) advancing access to justice, (ii) equality, diversity and social inclusion, (iii) care for the environment and greater sustainability and (iv) access to equal opportunity in the workplace.
Newly established, the Fund has supported a range of projects such as:
- The Rock – helping to re-establish its youth work in line with ongoing Covid-19 restrictions;
- Newent Association for the Disabled – funding support for elderly men and their carers in the community who are isolated and in danger of developing mental health issues;
- Elim Church – funding vital emergency aid work and 1 to 1 support in deprived local communities to equip individuals with skills, confidence and resources to rebuild their lives; and
- Lives of Colour – supporting the launch of new podcast shows hosted by people from marginalised communities to elevate their voices.
- Your Next Move – funding staff and workshop leaders to run hip-hop classes for young people.
- Read Easy Cheltenham and Gloucester – funding resources to enable volunteers to teach adults to read.
- Vision 21- supporting the costs of the new Planet Cheltenham climate action hub in St Paul’s, Cheltenham.
Here are just a few photographs of the projects Charles Russell Speechlys have funded this yearThank you so much for your support