Trustee opportunity with GCF
Board Recruitment; We are rapidly growing and developing, these are exciting times and we now need to recruit new Trustees to help us on this journey to the next level, by joining our Governing Board.
Gloucestershire Community Foundation (GCF) is the community foundation for the County of Gloucestershire GCF has been investing in and serving Gloucestershire communities for over 30 years. Our vision is that Gloucestershire is a place where people and communities are empowered to become resilient and strong.
To help us continue our amazing work in the community we are looking to recruit two new trustees to our wonderful board. The GCF team is supported by a committed board of Trustees, who have developed a culture of “we are here to serve” and passionately committed to supporting GCF and Gloucestershire.
The foundation inspires a sense of community and place and unites all sectors and residents around our love of Gloucestershire, inspiring giving back, in all its forms, funding, volunteering, skills, education and sector leadership support. We advocate on behalf of the charity sector, that charities are not just a nice to have but the social fabric of our society and vital if Gloucestershire is to thrive.
Our achievements in the last three years:
- Our work has more than tripled compared to the previous 3 years; delivering over £2.5 million to over 400 charities and community groups in the county
- We have provided 33 Gloucestershire Charity Leaders with one-to-one mentoring and peer to peer support
- Raised £100,000 for our Cost of Living Crisis Programme, supporting 80,000 people
- Launched the South West Enterprise Fund (SWEF) programme; awarding grants to the young 18-30 Gloucestershire business community
Gloucestershire is a place where people and communities are empowered to become resilient and strong.
Increase our capacity through philanthropy, grant-making and developing partnerships, to help strengthen the capabilities of our communities in order that they are able to thrive. Our work covers the following areas:
- to deliver a range of grant programmes to meet the needs of the county
Building endowment and fundraising
- to inspire those with resources to provide money and support where Gloucestershire needs it most.
Leadership – we aspire to work in a way that develops a culture of empowerment, both internally and externally of the organisation that:
- is inclusive, warm, open, approachable and flexible
- focuses on our beneficiaries and puts communities first
- utilises and shares our knowledge and expertise
- is bold, takes calculated risks and encourages continual learning
- develops partnerships and collaborates
To apply for this post, in the first instance you would be welcome to contact Talitha Nelson CEO of GCF at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal conversation with you regarding your application.
Download the application pack which includes the role description and other appropriate information about GCF. Trustee Recruitment Pack GCF July 2023
Please do fill out the application & EOM form, (link below) explaining why you are interested in becoming a Trustee of GCF and how your skills and experience are appropriate for the role.
- Application & Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
- Trustee Application Form GCF FINAL July 23
- Attach a CV or LinkedIn – social media profile if you have one
We will ask for referees for candidates shortlisted for the roles.
The Nominations Committee will consider all applications and then invite shortlisted candidates to a panel interview to meet two Trustees and the CEO.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th August 2023.
Thank you so much for your interest.