Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund
The Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund has been established to bring lasting benefit for adult carers in Gloucestershire. It will continue Carers Gloucestershire’s work by using the remaining funds following the charity’s closure, to provide valuable support for carers in the county. This programme is currently closed.
deadlineClosed until further notice
grant amountUp to £10,000/year
About the Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund
The Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund has been established to bring lasting benefit for adult carers in Gloucestershire. It will continue Carers Gloucestershire’s work by using the funds remaining following the charity’s closure to provide valuable support for carers in the county.
The Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund is an exciting opportunity to continue to support organisations, projects and carers who might otherwise go unfunded.
Rosemary Lynn is one of the two Carers Gloucestershire Trustees that will be members of the Legacy Fund panel. She said:
“As members of the fund management panel, it’s our role to make sure the ethos of Carers Gloucestershire is sustained and our focus will be on enabling local organisations to provide relevant, appropriate and innovative support for adult carers.”
Who can apply?
This programme is for voluntary and community groups with charitable aims, registered charities or Community Interest Companies with three or more unrelated Trustees or Board Members as well as a bank account in the name of the organisation.
Applicants must be based and working in Gloucestershire and must be working with adult carers.
What can you apply for?
Following a period of strategic consideration and review, Carers Gloucestershire have identified the following areas of need for carers within Gloucestershire:
- Supporting periods of transition, in particular following end of life, or end of caring responsibilities or when carers move from being a young carer to an adult carer
- Improving the emotional well-being of the carer
- Improving carer confidence in dealing with long term conditions of those they care for
- Supporting carers to use assistive technologies
- The introduction of robust systems to provide high quality evidence of the impact of existing carer service
These will form the basis for the funding priorities of the Carers Gloucestershire Legacy Fund.
Applications are welcomed for projects, services (new or pre-existing) and salary/core costs relating to any of the areas above.
How much do we award?
The Fund will invite applications of between £5,000 and £50,000 with grants of the larger size only considered for collaborative projects between multiple partners. Joint bids from VCSE partnerships are welcomed. The majority of grants will range in size from £5,000 to £10,000. Projects can be funded for up to three years.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the link at the bottom right of the screen marked ‘Apply Now’
You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application.
As part of the online application process you will be asked to attach the following supporting documents:
- A constitution/governing document/set of rules, that sets out the purpose of your organisation and how it is managed.
- A copy of a bank statement or other evidence of a bank account in the name of your organisation. The bank account must have at least 2 signatories. Alternatively, if you belong to a small organisation that does not have a bank account another charitable organisation can look after the funds for you, but you must provide written authorisation from the organisation that will do this.
- A copy of your most recent annual accounts or financial records. If you do not have financial records that cover a full year then you will need to provide the records you currently have.
- A safeguarding policy if your organisation works directly with children or vulnerable adults.
Please ensure you satisfy all of the criteria and conditions outlined within the Grant Guidelines. Do contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss your project/need prior to submitting an application.
The guidelines are available by clicking on the button below.