Could you be our new Chair or Trustee?
We’re looking for our new Chair and Trustees to join our amazing community foundation – are you that person?
We are rapidly growing and developing, therefore these are exciting times, so it is now crucial we recruit a new Chair and Trustees to help us on this journey to the next level, by joining our Governing Board.
Gloucestershire Community Foundation (GCF) is the community foundation for the County of Gloucestershire with an endowment worth just over £7 million. Pre-pandemic we were distributing around £300K in grants to 100 charities, in 2020 our work increased fourfold to £1.2 million to 300 charities, helping thousands of people in such extreme times of need.
GCF is a community partner that creates a better future for all, by raising philanthropic and other funding and directing it to support people and communities to pursue their aspirations and confront their most critical challenges. We bring together people, institutions and resources from throughout the community to produce significant, widely shared, and lasting results.
Our strategy is truly focused on unlocking the power of our community. As statutory spending continues to decrease, we believe the whole community – charities, philanthropists, businesses and the general public, as well as the public sector – must step up and take responsibility for improving the lives of our communities. We plan to significantly raise our profile increasing our fundraising activities so that we can broaden the scope of our grant funding and other programmes to make a real impact on the issues most effecting Gloucestershire. For example, and not exclusively, addressing those overlooked, loneliness and isolation, rising mental health issues, educational disadvantage, digital exclusion, homelessness, minority groups, disability, inequalities.
Gloucestershire is a place where people and communities are empowered to become resilient and strong.
Increase our capacity through philanthropy, grant making and developing partnerships, to help strengthen the capabilities of our communities in order that they are able to thrive
Our work covers the following areas:
- Grant making – to deliver a range of grant programmes to meet the needs of the county
- Building endowment and fundraising – to inspire those with resources to provide money and support where Gloucestershire needs it most
- Leadership – we aspire to work in a way that develops a culture of empowerment, both internally and externally of the organisation:
- is inclusive, warm, open, approachable and flexible
- focuses on our beneficiaries and puts communities first
- utilises and shares our knowledge and expertise
- is bold, takes calculated risks and encourages continual learning
- develops partnerships and collaborates
- To find out more about the role of a GCF Trustee please click here for the Trustee recruitment pack
- A role description for being a GCF Trustee is available here
- Our current chair is stepping down, but continuing as a trustee, there will be a handover period, where the role will be effective from March 2022.
- To find out more about the role of GCF Chair please click here for the Chair’s recruitment pack
- A role description for the Chair is available here
How to apply
Please fill out the application form explaining why you are interested in becoming a Trustee of GCF and how your skills and experience are appropriate for the role, along with filling out the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. application form and an equal opportunities form
Attach a CV or LinkedIn – social media profile if you have one.
Please email across to Talitha Nelson at email@example.com
Closing date: 13th August 2021
The nominations committee will consider all applications and then invite shortlisted candidates to interview